Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My trip to Utah: Part 1




Shirt: Garage sale / Scarf: Target / Cardigan: My mom's / Jeans: Abercrombie / Belt: Target / Shoes: Styles 4 Less


So as all of my readers know, I was in Utah during Spring Break! My mom and I visited some wonderful friends who had just recently moved to SLC. And the funny thing ? We have never been to Salt Lake ! Couldn't that just be some kind of Mormon joke ? Two Mormons, never been to SLC. It's insane. But I digress. So anyway, on the Friday before Spring break, we rented a car and drove the 8 miles from Vegas to Salt Lake. It was beautiful, of course. Utah drives are always guh-or-juss. Our friends live in a little town outside of SLC that goes by the name of Centerville. It's such a quaint place. I simply adore small towns, but strictly for visits only. I couldn't survive in such a small town for long. I'm a city girl at heart.

On the Friday that we arrived, I saw The Hunger Games (for the 2nd time) with my friend and her friends, and then we all settled in for sleep. We would have to get up early for Conference the next day, of course!

On Saturday, I accompanied my friend to her Bishop's house for the morning session of conference. It was there that a very cute boy happened to catch my eye. Long story short, I recieved a paper from him that had some specials numbers on it, he was sweet, but nothing serious happened, and even our sweet conversations came to an end upon my arrival back home in Vegas.

After the afternoon session, we went to an even smaller town that was so small I don't even remember its name. But it was so wonderful, there were all these little shops, and the most fabulous diner named Archibalds. I took a picture of the seats, above. I thought the whole 11 wives thing was hilarious. Such a stereotype. And there was even a gift shop in the restaurant. There were all these lovely signs with quotes on them, and beautiful furniture that I will need to have if I ever inherit a million dollars. (:

Stay tuned for part two, which will include my general conference experience, as well as my visit to the temple.

Forever, Becca ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment